Here’s How to Get DIRECTV In Your Semi-Truck
Sep 7, 2022
Do you want to get DIRECTV in your semi-truck? We are giving you all of the details on how to make it happen.
Long-haul truck drivers are the true unsung heroes of America’s commerce world. Without them, the world as we know it would cease to exist! These crew members spend thousands and thousands of hours driving even more miles than we can comprehend to make sure we have the products we want at grocery stores, malls, restaurants, and many other big-box retailers.
When a trucker is on a long-haul but is not actively behind the wheel, these drivers would love the ability to catch up on their favorite shows, news, and sporting events. While subscriptions to various streaming services are great, many of them do not have current shows or the option to watch live television. That is why having DIRECTV in a semi-truck is ideal.
Continue reading to learn more.
Why DIRECTV In Your Semi-Truck is Important
Now, before we dive into how to get DIRECTV in your semi-truck, we want to express further why having satellite TV in your fleet is important:
- Attract More Crew Members — Like other professional industries today, there is a major shortage of truck drivers. Because of this situation, more and more shipments are becoming more delayed. You can attract new drivers to your fleet by offering enticing perks like a semi-truck cab that is outfitted with DIRECTV.
- Boost Team’s Morale — Being on the road and away from loved ones for days on end can be really taxing on a person. When drivers are healthy and happy, they are better, safer drivers and are more productive and efficient employees. What more could a manager ask for? Boost your drivers’ moods by outfitting your fleet with in-cab premium satellite TV.
- Improved Employee Retention — Retaining your fleet members is a challenging and expensive obstacle that most fleet managers face in the industry. If you are sick and tired of the tedious retention cycle, finding ways to reduce turnover rates is essential. More and more carriers realize that offering access to DIRECTV during downtime helps retain staff. Do not lose a team member to a competing carrier because they offer satellite TV, and yours does not.
- Fulfill Mandatory Rest Time — Life on the road is jam-packed with long, tiresome hours behind the wheel. To keep drivers functioning their safest and best selves, each driver must fulfill a certain amount of mandatory rest time each shift. A great way for your team members to fill this required downtime is by watching their favorite TV show.
- Combat Loneliness and Isolation — As previously mentioned, drivers can be gone for days or weeks at a time, away from their family and friends. Being alone for long periods of time can result in feeling overwhelmingly isolated. If your drivers are experiencing this, watching satellite TV on the road can help! Despite being physically alone, the people on the TV can keep your drivers company. Being alone is not only about a lack of physical presence of others, but it can also be a mental state. Watching TV can help fulfill the need for human connection.
Who to Call to Get DIRECTV in Your Semi-Truck
Depending on who you call, getting DIRECTV in your truck can be a challenging, painful process. It is all about who you call to get the job done. Of course, you can go directly through the provider; just remember that the company’s call center fields tens of thousands of calls daily, resulting in long wait times. Thankfully, there is another way to get DIRECTV in your truck cab that will not leave you on hold for hours.
Avoid the DIY Project
Sure, you could try to install DIRECTV in your cab yourself. However, we do not recommend it. This approach often ends in disaster. Here are a few things that might go wrong if you do it yourself:
- Big rigs require a separate commercial account. Using your home account could result in a fine.
- You may damage your truck or the satellite dish.
- The satellite dish and tripod kit you have at your house are different from those needed for a semi-truck.
- You might select a satellite dish that needs to be manually adjusted every time you stop, using up your rest time.
To avoid horror stories or situations like these, opt for a trusted semi-truck satellite TV provider like EpicVue.
Get DIRECTV in Your Semi-Truck Today With EpicVue
If you’re looking to make the most of your downtime, get DIRECTV in your semi-truck with EpicVue.
There are countless reasons why every truck driver should have access to satellite TV from the comfort of their cab. Being able to watch TV on the road can help cancel out overwhelming feelings of isolation and loneliness and is an excellent way for your fleet members to relax during their mandatory downtime.
Drivers that are healthy, well-rested, and happy are much more likely to be loyal to your fleet, significantly reducing the tedious and expensive cycle of recruitment and, as a result, vastly improving retention numbers. EpicVue specializes in outfitting fleets and owner-operator trucks with premium in-vehicle satellite televisions.
Life on the road is undoubtedly lonely, so having a tiny piece of home away from home makes a huge difference. EpicVue gives your drivers just that! Our premium in-cab satellite tv allows them to kick back, relax, and watch more than 100 channels in the comfort of their own trucks. This gesture is designed to create loyalty, appreciation, and commitment between fleet managers and their team members. The benefits you and your drivers will see make EpicVue well worth the investment!
EpicVue satellite TV lets you stay connected regardless of where you are. With full access to premium entertainment like Showtime, NFL Sunday Ticket, HBO, and 100+ other channels, truck drivers can experience TV like never before and will always find something to watch during their time off, no matter their preferences.
Contact us to learn more today!